BELOW ARE POSSIBLE QUESTIONS FROM JAMB NEW NOVEL ( Sweet Sixteen).
1. Who is the Author of the book, “Sweet Sixteen”?
Answer: Bolaji Abdullahi
2. How old was Aliya in the Novel?
3. According to one expert; ‘’Comprehensive sex education doesn’t encourage kids to have s3x.
4. KOTL means……
Answer: Kiss on-top the lips
5. …………. almost fainted when he heard that some students were caught on the school’s basketball court at night having ‘’SEX’.
Answer: Mr. Bello
6. Good comprehensive programmes teach students that abstinence is the only surefire way to prevent pregnancy and STDs.
7. Adoringly, Aliya was referred to as……….
Answer: First Lady
8. Who asked this question “what does HAK and KOTL mean?”
Answer: Mr Bello
9. Mr Bello is a ————— by Professions fro the Novel.
10. Where were the students were caught having SEX?
Answer: At the basket ball Court
11. …………. is the protagonist in the Novel, Sweet Sixteen
12. From the Novel, Most Teenagers knows what Adults seems to be Hiding from them.
13. Who is the protagonist in the book sweet sixteen?
14. What was the introductory statement on Aliya’s 16th birthday letter?
ANS.”How time flies”
15. In the department of rascality and smartness who was the gold medalist?
16. To Aliya what is the meaning of being dumb?
ANS. Not being intelligent.
17. What is the title of chapter one of sweet sixteen?
ANS. The letter.
18. What is Aliya’s mother profession?
19. What is the name of Aliya’s father?
ANS. Mr. Bello
20. To Aliya being called a child is the same thing as?
21. At the birth of Aliya what was he fathers profession?
22. The only thing Aliya’s father thought was worth celebrating was?
ANS. Achievements not birthday.
23. The name of the writer of sweet sixteen is ?
ANS. Bolaji Abdullahi.
24. What name disgusted Aliya most?
ANS. You could call her chubby, plump but not fat.
24. Aliya’s religion was?
CORRECT ANSWER= Islamic religion.
25. What was Aliya’s sixteenth birthday present?
CORRECT ANSWER= A portable digital Camera.
26. What was Aliya doing when grace returned from the bathroom on Aliya 16th birthday?
CORRECT ANSWER= Dressing her bed.
27. What are the definitions Mr. Bello give as the meaning of dumb girls?
CORRECT ANSWER= A girl who needs to live up to people’s expectation
28. What statement does Aliya father make to end discussions during visiting days?
CORRECT ANSWER= ”By the way do you still have your inhalers”
29. What sickness was Aliya suffering from?
CORRECT ANSWER= Asthma.
30. What advice did Aliya’s father give to her when she asked if she could return the teddy to bobo.
CORRECT ANSWER= “Well is a decision you have to make for yourself”.
31. Mention two incidence that stopped Aliya from returning Bobo’s teddy to him?
CORRECT ANSWER= the duty master approaching them in their mode of discussion and secondly tokunbo travelling to Ireland.
32. What is Bobo’s real name?
CORRECT ANSWER= Tokunbo.
33. She felt she could be charged for the number of words she spoke who is this?
CORRECT ANSWER= Grace.
34. Apart from Public relations job another occupation considered by Aliya’s mother for her father is?
CORRECT ANSWER= Stand-up Comedy
35. Who is the king of boys according to the novel?
CORRECT ANSWER= Akin.
36. What did Aliya’s friends tell her about having male siblings?
CORRECT ANSWER= they are annoying.
37. What was the name of Aliya’s mathematics teacher?
CORRECT ANSWER= Miss Salako.
38. “Must you always be a jerk, she asked menacingly” who was this statement referring to and why?
CORRECT ANSWER= To Akin because he pronounced mensuration as menstruation which made the whole class burst into laughter.
39. What was people’s perception about Grace?
CORRECT ANSWER= People thought she was a snob because she did not like talking.
40. Aliya’s birthday gift while in school was mostly given to her by?
CORRECT ANSWER= the principal.
41. What was written on the teddy bears heart shaped embossment given to Aliya by Tokunbo?
CORRECT ANSWER= I love you.
42. To perform well in the terminal examination what did Aliya plan to do?
CORRECT ANSWER= to improve her correct answering speed by taking off five minutes allowed to each question.
43. At primary school, Aliya’s father was working with a?
CORRECT ANSWER=Public Relations Agency.
Test Questions from The Book “Sweet Sixteen”
Below are questions from the book Sweet sixteen. We would like you to answer the questions below your self. We have provided answers to the questions above. Now we would like to test you, If you have read the book , you should be able to provide answers to this questions below. If you know the answers to any of the questions, use the comment box to tell others the answer in case of those that are yet to finish reading the book.
1.What was the introductory statement on Aliya’s 16th birthday letter?
A I’m Sixteen already
B How time flies
C Many years ago
D Two years ago
2.In the department of rascality and smartness who was the gold medalist?
D.The Biology Teacher
3. To Aliya being called a child is the same thing as?
B. Being a baby
C. Being little
D. Being dependent
4. At What age did Aliya start wearing bra?
5. What was Aliyas perception about her roommate Grace?
A. She was a nice and generous person
B. She was a busy-body
C. She was a snob
D. She was nonchalant and weird
6. What kind of girls did Mr. Bello say boys like?
A. Smart girls
B. Neat girls
C. Girls with good sense of humour
D. Dumb girls
7. Why did Aliya not return Tokunbos teddy bear which he gave her on Valentine’s day?
A. She expected him to reveal his intention first
B. She secretly admired his boldness
C. She thought she won’t do that without hurting him.
D. She had purposed to dump it eventually
8. What was Aliya’s sixteenth birthday present?
A. A teddy bear
B. A brand new diary
C. A golden bracelet and packs of chewing gums
D. A portable digital Camera.
9. What was so special about Aliya’s 16th birthday letter?
A. It was handwritten by her father
B. It had silver ribbons around its cover page
C. It had 16 pages and each page for each year of her life.
D. It had 16 chapters and each page for each year of her life.
10. What was Aliya doing when grace returned from the bathroom on Aliya 16th birthday?
A. She was studying
B. Dressing her bed.
C. Sorting dirty clothes for laundry
D. Making dinner
11. What statement does Aliya father make to end discussions during visiting days?
A. How has studies been?
B. When was the last time you heard from your Mum?
C. Do you need more pocket money?
D. By the way do you still have your inhalers
12. What advice did Aliya’s father give to her when she asked if she could return the teddy to bobo.?
A. “You are well grown to make a decision”
B. “Well it’s a decision you have to make for yourself”
C. “Teddies are meant to be kept”
D. “Gifts are not to be discarded with contempt
13.What is Bobo’s real name ?
14. “She felt she could be charged for the number of words she spoke” who was being referenced?
15. What was the name of Aliya’s mathematics teacher?
A. Mr. Tope
B. Miss. Salako
C. Mrs. Temitope
D. Mr. Jumbosco
16. Which of these words below revealed why intelligent people derailed as stated by Aliya’s father?
D. Quest for power
17. Which of these artiste stood as Mr. Bello’s favourite?
B. Mahanti Gandhi
C. Ali Farka Toure
D. Funke Akindele
18. According to the book, which public figure made this statement “hating people because of their colour is wrong”
A. Albert Eistein
B. Muhammad Ali
C. Alvan Ikoku
D. Mr. Bello
19. A set of ideas that people have about someone or something, especially an idea that is wrong is ?
20. Drawing reference from the last chapter, the biology teacher tagged Aliya as FATIMA and subsequently as LATIFAT because
A. She was plump
B. She was a typical Muslim
C. She was acquainted to a girl named Latifat
D. Her middle name was Fatima
21. How did Mr. Bello define beauty?
A. A facial quality that reveals elegance
B. Physical prowess owned by ladies
C. Making a meaningful impacting the lives of others
D. Physiological radiance from the creator above
22. The story of the weary hunter was essential to teach Aliya of
A. The danger of lust
B. The importance of being less of a glutton
C. The necessity of passing on ethics and good morals to offspring
D. The importance of saying “No thank you” to help offered by strangers
I hope you enjoyed your session.
Share This Post to your colleagues they might need it as well And also CLICK HERE TO VIEW ANSWER